In the first two decades of the 21st century, more than $450 million in Facilities, construction, and renovations have ensured that TCNJ students have an environment that extends their reach, resulting in higher scholarship, closer community, & greater comfort.
The Department of Design, Planning, & Construction provides long-range facilities planning; manages architectural and engineering services for major structures and alterations to existing structures; oversees interior design, furniture planning, exterior graphics and site development; and serves as an “aesthetic conscience” for the campus.
In addition, the department is responsible for developing and implementing the asset renewal plan, the facilities long-range plan, assigned fiscal year requests, assigned operating requests, and furniture requests.
If there are questions or concerns regarding any project, please contact Campus Construction at 609-771-3234, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023-2024 Projects & Map
- Quimby’s Prairie sidewalk and sod replacement
- Roscoe Hall 1st and 2nd floor alterations
- Biology replace rubber roofing
- Garage repairs 2024
- 2024 Kendall Exterior renovations
- Elevator upgrades
- New chilled water piping to Roscoe
- Green Hall basement asbestos pipe insulation and pipe removal and replacement
- Concrete sidewalk replacement
- Digital signage by BSC
- Music Mayo Hall new seating lights
- New HVAC units
- Ely and Brewster new sinks and counters
- Milling and paving Metzger Drive
- Milling and Paving D Street
- New Residence Hall Renovations 2024-2025
- Cromwell Elevator upgrades
- Stadium bleacher repairs and masonry repairs, new track press box and bleachers
- Track and Tennis complex renovations
- Town Houses South HVAC unit replacements
- Admin. Services Bldg. replace HVAC system and roof areas
- New storage building
- Campus wide fire alarm fiber optic cable replacements
- Additional flashing light cross walks on Metzger Drive
- Env. Health Services offices in Maint. Bldg new HVAC
Requests for Signage Replacement, Furniture, & Minor Renovations
- Office renovation, furniture, flooring replacement, and all requests requiring funding must be submitted through the fiscal year funding request process managed by the Treasurer’s office.
- Requests that require immediate attention, such as ergonomic review of furniture, broken furniture, carpet that is torn, etc. should be submitted through the minor works request process.
- Requests for minor space planning and cost estimation can also use the minor works requests link located at the top of this page.
- Detailed descriptions associated with requests can be sent to email@example.com
Recent Construction Additions
- Among the more than 38 buildings on campus are many recently constructed facilities including: the Biology Building (2000), the Social Sciences Building (2001), the Science Complex (2002), the Softball and Soccer field complex (2005), new 150,000 square foot Library (2005), New Student Apartments (2009), Art and Interactive Multi-Media Building (2010), School of Education completed in 2012, and the recently completed STEM Building and Chemistry Addition in 2017.
- We also continue to improve our existing assets with new roofs, finishes, mechanical system upgrades as well as renovations: the Decker Hall renovation was completed in 2011, Cromwell Hall renovation was completed in 2013, Norsworthy Hall completed in the summer of 2015, and the recent renovation to the Brower Student Center in 2017.